Are you looking out for one of the best countertop water filter systems which are reliable, trusted, and well certified for doing its job?
Well, we’ve compiled a list of more than 12 countertop water filters that can fulfill all your requirements and needs of having instant filtered water for you.
As we all know, for us to survive, water is essential and keeps the body hydrated. However, do you know! if the water you are drinking is free from contaminants and other properties? The likeliness is the water clean when it leaves the municipal plant, but most likely polluted by the time it reaches the faucet.
The reason, the water encounters debris, rust, sand, and more along the way as the plumbing is sometimes old. So what can you do about this? You can invest in the best countertop water filter to remove the impurities the water has picked up along the way.
Compared to buying bottled water, using this water filtration system is much more affordable in the end. The arrangement you attach to the tap and purifies the water once you let it run into a glass. The process is simple, and the device installs easily and does not need a lot of maintenance.
There are so many people who have been using the water filter system for years. Not only will the countertop water filter make sure to provide the user with healthy water but also it will ensure to improve the overall taste of the drinking water. You will not have to drink impure or contaminated water if you are going to purchase the best countertop water filter.
It is sure that purchasing the best countertop water filter is not an easy task. But you will not have to worry about it as we are going to provide you our list of the best water filters. Let us now move to our list of the best countertop water filters that you should purchase.
So here is my list of The Best Countertop Water Filter of 2021 :
CleanWater4Less – Editor’s Pick
The countertop water filter offers you a simple installation, and you do not need to do any plumbing. What makes the device unique is you do not need to substitute filter cartridges all the time, and it purifies up to 10,000 gallons of water. Therefore, you do not need to stress about replacing it after reaching its filter capacity.
Furthermore, the system offers a large volume of filtration and connects to the standard tap. The product is environmentally friendly and one of the cheapest compared to others. The filtration system comprises a carbon filter and has a simplistic design.
With this one of the best countertop water filter system, the water runs through five stages to remove heavy metals, VOCs, radon, and hydrogen sulfide. However, you will need to contact the supplier for information on the warranty and could be a drawback for some.
Main Features of CleanWater4Less One of Best Countertop Water Filter
- Does not need filter replacement and installs easily to the standard faucet on the countertop
- Comes with a diverter valve and produces up to 10,000-gallons of purified water
- Measures 5 x 5 x 9.5-inches and weighs 3.36 pounds
APEX Countertop Water Filter – People’s Choice
With the Apex, you can choose from seven colors to fit in with your kitchen décor. The design is sleek and to add to the benefits, it adds minerals back into the water. Now, you can enjoy drinking healthier water with great taste. With the added minerals, it further enhances the alkalinity as well.
The unit is quick to install, and the instruction manuals easy to follow. You get all the components and tools included to make the installation process a breeze. The capacity of the filter is 750-gallons of water and comes with one filter cartridge. Furthermore, the item carries the approval of the National Safety Foundation (NSF.)
Now you can enjoy healthy water without chlorine, radon, sediment, mercury-free, and more with the five-stage filtration. The unit is made of BPA-free materials and connects to a standard tap. So if you want the best alkaline water purifier, make sure to check it here!
Main Features Apex Countertop Water Filter
- Removes contaminants from the water and adds minerals back for your health
- Connects to the standard kitchen faucet and include all the hardware for installation
- Made with a five-stage filtration system and provides you with up to 750-gallons of water before the filter needs replacing
- NSF Certified
- Available in seven different color design
Home Master Countertop – Premium Performer
The TMJRF2 Jr. F2 water filtration system from Home Master has a compact construction and works with a multi-stage granular filter. You get a three-stage countertop filter capable of removing various impurities in the water. Furthermore, one of the best countertop water filters does not remove vital minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
You do not need loads of space, as the countertop water filter is small to take up little space around the sink. Even installing the unit is effortless, and you do not need a plumber. You can fix it in a temporary residence as it removes easy to take with you.
The product is NSF certified, so your water will taste great. Furthermore, you get a three-year warranty with exceptional customer service. The biggest downside is that you will need to replace the filter every three months or once it filters 500-gallons of water.
Another added benefit is you get the item fully assembled and needs no extra plumbing to mount.
Main Features of HomeMaster TMJRF2 Jr F2
- Made with a three-stage granular filter to remove common impurities found in city water
- Compact and takes up little space
- Only takes a couple of minutes to connect it to a standard faucet
- Comes with a fully assembled tap, filter, faucet adapters, connection tubing, and a long-reach chrome faucet
- Provides up to 500-gallons of water before the filter cartridge needs replacing and lasts up to three months
- Three-year Warranty
Check Out Other Articles Too..
- Best Faucet Water Filters Reviews with Buyer’s Guide 2021
- Best Rated Portable Water Filters for Outdoor Activities
- Lead Removal Filters – Best Picks
AQUASANA Countertop Water Filter – Best Pick
The following countertop filtration system is NSF certified and keeps healthy minerals in the water. With the compact design, it installs quickly to the standard faucet. There is no need for using power or batteries to work the unit and connects directly to the tap.
The system works with an activated carbon filter to target VOCs and MTBE. While the catalytic carbon filter removes chlorine and the ion exchange, one removes heavy metals. Once the water reaches the sub-micron mechanical filter, it captures other impurities as well.
The flow rate is 0.5 gallons per minute, and the filter cartridge needs replacing after six months of use. Therefore, if you do need a budget solution to make your water more drinkable, make sure to check out this one of the best countertop water filter system today.
Main Features of Aquasana Countertop Water Filter
- Made with four stages of purification to remove contaminants and keep minerals in the water
- NSF Certified
- Compact, sleek design to fit in well on the kitchen sink
- Connects to your normal faucet
- Provides a 0.5 gallon per minute flow rate
- The cartridges need replacing after six months of use
NEW WAVE ENVIRO Stage 10 – Top Selling Countertop Filter
The Enviro is a ten-stage filtration system that removes primary contaminants from chlorine, heavy metals, to organic impurities. This best countertop water filter system is simple to use and attaches to the faucet with a conversion to mount under the sink. The filter is easy to replace and provides up to 1,500 gallons of water depending on your needs.
Furthermore, it keeps all crucial minerals intact without removing them. You get a 30-day money-back guarantee with a one-year warranty included. With the water filter, you can enjoy high tasting water that is healthy to drink. If you do want to mount it under the counter, you need to buy the conversion kit separately.
However, depending on how much water you use, you only need to replace the filter once a year, saving you loads of money.
Main Features of NewWave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter
- Comprise a ten-stage water filter that provides up to 1,500 gallons of water with a replacement once a year
- Attaches to the faucet and you can buy a conversion kit to mount it under the sink
- Removes major impurities leaving essential minerals in tact
- Include all the hardware for installation
- Comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and year warranty
Brondell H20+ Cypress – Top Rated Choice for Best Countertop Filters
For a contemporarily designed countertop water filter, you can look at the Brondell H20+ Cypress. You get continuous filtration as the system removes harmful contaminants and keeps essential minerals intact. Compared to the previous model with its ten-stage process, this one only has a three-stage filtration system.
The water filter removes both toxic chemicals to chlorine, leaving the water tastes great. You can easily attach it to the faucet and only takes a couple of minutes. Furthermore, the design is elegant and comes with a button to dispense the water, and WQA certified to provide quality drinking water.
However, if you do have highly unsafe water, the product will not work. On the other hand, it has compact construction, and the filter needs replacing every six months. Alternatively, you can return the cartridge after filtering through 150-gallons of water.
The capacity is not huge, and the products suitable for one to two people to use. Included, you get a year’s warranty, and with a T-vale, you can mount it under the sink.
Main Features of Brondell H2O+ Cypress Countertop Water Filter
- A three-stage filtration system comprising a two-step filter to reduce fine particles and acts as a pre-filter with replacing every six months
- The second stage is the Nanotrap filter removes waterborne microorganisms and only needs replacing every twelve months
- The third filter is the carbon block which is the final stage of the filtration to remove VOCs and chlorine with a replacement of six months
- WQA Certified
- Comes with a faucet attachment and you can install it under the sink
- Include a year warranty
iSpring Countertop Water Filter – Best Budget Pick
For a cheap solution, you can look at the CTO carbon water filter from iSpring. The brand offers you an affordable way to clear water of impurities. What the CTO block does is remove chlorine, odor, rust, sediment, and VOCs to improve the taste of the water.
For the price, it does not remove more harmful contaminants, so it will not decrease TDS, and you will need a more advanced system. However, if you know the water is clean and want to improve the taste, the iSpring will serve you well. The unit installs easily, and it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Furthermore, you get a year-limited warranty with lifetime support included. Another remarkable thing is the countertop water filter makes for a great add on if you already have a whole house filter.
Main Features of iSpring CKC1C Countertop Water Filtration System
- Made with transparent housing to inspect the filter when it is time to change
- Comes with a 5-micron carbon block cartridge to improve the taste of the water making it one of the best countertop water filter out there.
- Installs quickly and has a portable design that is sleek to look natural in any kitchen
- Made for small spaces and comes with a year warranty included
Similar to the previous countertop water filter from Brondell this one has a minimalistic design and WQA certified. The flow rate is 0.5 gallons per minute, and it comes with a filter change reminder. The Pearl compared to the Cypress is cheaper and has a one-stage filtration system made up of a carbon block filter.
The unit looks beautiful, comes with sleek housing, and comes with a water-dispensing button on top. A LED light indicates when you need to replace the filter and lasts about six months of use. The capacity is 150-gallons and suitable for one to two people in a family to use.
The device fits your standard faucet and comes with a year warranty.
Main Features of Brondell H2O+ Pearl Countertop Water Filter System
- Has a compact size with a small footprint
- Comes with a filter indicator
- Made with advanced carbon block filter you need to replace after six months
- The filter capacity is 150-gallons
- WQA Certified
- One Year Warranty
Also Read Our Following Articles
- A Complete Buying Guide With Reviews of Best Whole House Water Filters in 2021
- Top Rated And Best Shower Filters for Hard Water in 2021
- Best Reverse Osmosis (RO) Systems – Reviews & Guide for 2021
Compared to buying bottled water the AquaTru is your best solution to enjoy clean water. The unit comes with a quality filter and has a sophisticated construction. The compact structure takes up little space on the counter and comes with an easy-to-setup that will not leave you disappointed.
Furthermore, it comes with a digital display to inform you when to change the cartridge. You dispense water by pressing a button and comprise a reverse osmosis system. The fantastic thing is the system is effective against hard and harsh contaminants.
The products certified, making them reliable and safe to use. Further, it is up to standards with the IAMPO to remove up to fifteen times more impurities. To add to the advantage of using this best countertop water filter is it has a one-gallon capacity and provides filtered water in about 15-minutes.
Main Features of AquaTru Countertop Water Filter
- IAMPO/NSF standards certify the AquaTru to be safe and reliable to use
- Removes 15 times more hard and harsh contaminants
- Needs no plumbing to install and comes with a quick-change twist and sealed filters
- The filter cartridges last up to two years depending on the water use
- Has a one-gallon capacity to provide a fast flow of clean water in 15-minutes
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
For a limited budget and need a high-quality filtration system, nothing beats the Ecosoft model. The system can eradicate different pollutants in water and leaves the water tasting and smelling better. The filter cartridge is an activated carbon one with a capacity of 1500 gallons and lasts up to six months.
The device fits well on the counter, and you can choose from three different colors. Installing the units simple and comes with all the essential tools to get the job done. If you are a first-time buyer, you get a free replacement filter included.
Main Features of EcoSoft Countertop Water Filter
- Has a European Design and comprise of a filter cartridge that lasts up to six months or 1500 gallons filtered
- Include all the hardware to install the water filter
- You get a year warranty with free filter replacement included
- Available in three stylish colors
When it comes to home water filtration Berkey is a top brand for design and performance. The gravity filter you can purchase in various sizes to suit your lifestyle needs. You get two fluoride and two Black Berkey filter elements. Combined these cartridges provide you with fresh water.
The purity levels are high and remove up to 99% contaminants from hard to harmful ones. The storage tank holds 2.25 gallons, depending on the model you buy. However, it can provide up to 3.5 gallons every hour to prevent long waiting times. The maintenance costs are low as the Black Berkey filters provide filtration of up to 3,000 gallons each and the fluoride ones 1,000 gallons each.
Furthermore, the construction of stainless steel making it durable to last a long time. The biggest drawback is the price, but you get a powerful filtration system. Another problem found is leaking taps and needs regular re-priming to prevent the filters from clogging.
Main Features of Big Berkey BK4X2 Countertop Filter System
- Made with stainless steel housing with the upper part, lower part, lid, faucet and more
- You get two fluorides (provides 1,000 gallons each) and two Black Berkey filters (offers you 3,000 gallons each)
- The fluoride filter attaches to the stem of Black one and works as a post filter
- Available in various sizes
The Nispira is a smart drinking water filter you can use on the counter. The system has a reverse osmosis process to provide you with clean drinking water. The installations not complicated and all you need to do is connect the power cable and turn the machine on.
The tank holds 1.4 liters of water and produces up to 200 ml of filtered water. Furthermore, it comes with an LCD indicator providing a filter status notifying you when it needs changing. The filtration system comprises four stages a PP pre-filter, activated carbon, RO membrane, and activated carbon post filter.
The PP, carbon, and post-carbon filter needs replacing once a year and the RO membrane every two years.
Main Features of Nispira “The Best Countertop RO Water Filter System”
- Countertop model made with reverse osmosis water filter system and comprised a pitcher in the set
- Easy to install and works with power
- Environmentally friendly to retain and separate recycled water
- Removes a lot of different contaminants
- Comes with an LCD screen with indicators when to replace the filter elements
- Has a 1.4 liter capacity with a 200ml flow rate
- Four-stage filtration with PP, carbon, and post-carbon filter replacement once a year while the RO membrane needs replacing every two years
With Zen Water, you can transform your tap water into healthy drinking water. You can buy it in two sizes, four and six gallons. The system purifies, gives a mild alkalize, mineralizes water, and magnetizes it. Included with the machine, you get a micro-ceramic filter, five-stage mineral element, Maifan Mineral Stones, and magnetic spigot.
The unit works with gravity and offers a natural filtration to provide fresh, clean water to drink. The filtration lifespan is 500 gallons or six months. The capacity of the tank varies from one model to another as the top tank holds two gallons and the bottom one four.
The appliance has a cylindrical shape to fit nicely on any kitchen countertop.
Main Features of Zen Water – A Top Rated Countertop Water Filter
- Available in four, six, and eight-gallon size
- Countertop cylindrical design
- Include a micro-ceramic filter, five-stage mineral cartridge, mineral filter, and Maifan Mineral stones
- Comes with a magnetic spigot with a float valve
- The ceramic filter lasts up to a year while the mineral filters last six months
Best Countertop Water Filter Systems – Buying Guide
Here’s a quick, easy to digest and follow buying guide for some of the best countertop water filter systems available on the market.
Yeah, Before you buy a water filter to use in the home, we want to help you find the right one to fit in with your needs. Finding the correct one is not an easy task, and we are here to help.
So, let’s explore!
How Do You Install a Countertop Unit?
Compared to an under-sink model, the countertop water filter is not difficult to install. All you may need is an adjustable wrench, but some of them come included with all the required hardware. Here is how you can mount your unit:
- Make sure to place the component close to the faucet, as it needs to connect with the waterline without interfering with your workspace.
- Start by removing the aerator from the tap and connect the faucet to the filter if it has an external thread. However, if the spigot has an inside thread, you need to use an adapter before screwing in the filter.
- Make use of a washer and do not make the adaptor too tight as it can damage it.
- Now attach the diverter valve to the tap, and once you turn the water on, it should flow smoothly through the faucet.
- Once you rotate the valve, it should flow directly out from the filtering system.
Maintaining the Countertop Water Filter
When it comes to maintenance, there is nothing easier to manage than the countertop model. The important thing is to replace the filters regularly, and many of the latest units come with reminders. Furthermore, you need to clean the filter as bacteria can grow on the inside of it. Lastly, disassemble parts of the machine to wash them and recommended to do this every two weeks after the cleaning process makes sure to run the water for at least five minutes before you drink it.
Questions To Ask When Choosing the Best Countertop Model
When it comes to your daily routine and needs each person’s necessities to differ, as each product has strengths and weaknesses, you can ask yourself the following questions before buying one.
- Will only you or the whole family use the water filter? Here you can discuss with your family what quality of water they expect to drink before choosing one on the list.
- How much is your water usage per day? If you use a lot of water, it might be best to get a filter needing replacement according to time and not gallons used.
- Is the design of the system outstanding? Must the unit be functional and comfortable on the eyes? There are some elegant designs available on the reviews that are sure to make your kitchen look great.
- How often will you need to change the filter? By answering the question, you can determine how much money you will be spending on replacement cartridges as some elements cost more than the device.
- Where do you plan to use the filtration system? By answering the question, you can determine if you need a home filtration system or a portable one to take with you anywhere.
- What is the quality of the water? Once you have tested the water, you can determine what filtration system you need saving you loads of money in the end.
- Also, most important, what is your budget? The online markets filled with water filters ranging from $40 to $600. So best to make sure before you buy it.
We have selected some of the best water filters you can use on the countertop and takes up little space. However, before you choose one from the list, make sure to read the buyer’s guide that follows here first.
Why is a countertop filter a great option?
The thing is before you decide to buy a countertop filtration system, you need to determine whether this is the one to buy. We do not want to sell you something you do not need in the end. You need to buy a product that is right for you and be happy with your purchase.
Therefore, how do you know if this is the right product to buy? Here are some options to decide if it is the right choice:
- You have a limited budget and do not want to spend a fortune on complicated reverse osmosis or a whole house system.
- Another excellent reason is if you live in a small place and have limited space.
- You have used a test kit to test the water and found it is reasonably clean and does not need an advanced filtration system.
- You do not have the space to mount one under the sink and design matters.
- One more reason that is fantastic is that you do not want to spend a fortune on having the system installed.
- Furthermore, you move a lot and need a portable water filtration system to take with you.
If any of these reasons apply to you, then buying a countertop model is a fantastic investment to make.
What Should You Look At As a First Time Buyer?
No problem, we are here to help! There are different filtration systems you can buy from the countertop to under-sink models. When comparing the two in most cases, the countertop model comes with a one stage filtration, while the under the counter has more.
You can find certain fixtures that do offer you more than one stage, such as the Brondell Cypress model on the list. Another thing is you do get less filtering stages compared to reverse osmosis that mounts under the sink and may not have the same performance in cleaning the water.
The countertop is more straightforward to install, but the lifespan of the under-sink model is longer. Lastly, the under sink water filter is stationary compared to the countertop that is quick to remove and replace on another tap. So what about the countertop versus the faucet mount model?
The answer is simple as both models you mount to the faucet. Nevertheless, you can connect the countertop with a T-valve directly to the main water supply, so best to keep it in mind when buying. So which one is better? The countertop offers the best performance, but the faucet filter can last longer.
On the other hand, the countertop offers you reliable filtration as the faucet mount breaks with use. Another added benefit is the countertop filter provides a better flow rate. Now, what about the pitcher water filter? The truth is these filtration systems offer you minimal water treatment.
They only remove a couple of contaminants such as lead, chlorine, but nothing more. You might not have to connect it to anything, but you do not get an advanced treatment compared to the countertop model. The latter only provides up to 50-gallons, and the countertop offers more.
Save a Lot of Trouble and Pay Attention To
- Do you have the right faucet?
While the countertop installs easily, most of them fit the standard tap. The majority do not work with designer taps or pull-down sprayer faucets. If you want a specific model and do not have the correct plumbing, get a T-valve, and connect it under the counter to the waterline. However, the device needs to have its valve to work with this type of connection.
- The Overall Performance of the Filter
Before buying the countertop filter, make sure to check the water for contaminants present as one model removes certain impurities in the water compared to another one. If you do see that, a product is Water Quality Association (WQA) certified; the likeliness is that it can remove most contaminants displayed on the datasheet available at the supplier.
- Check the Filter Lifespan
You will need to replace the filter frequently and usually after using it for up to six months. To prevent bacteria from breeding inside the device, replacing the cartridge regularly will help, as the countertop model cannot remove it by itself. If you do want the system to extract viruses and more, you need to add an ultraviolet filter to take care of the problem.
Depending on the model you purchase, the filter can have a lifespan from 150-gallons to 10,000-gallons. The best option is to get one with a 500-gallon capacity to be safe. Another thing to take note of is the price for replacing the cartridge. The funny thing is that the manufacturer sells the unit at an affordable price.
The product works well until you need to replace the filter and smack the cartridge cost more than the device. Always check what the filter cartridges cost when buying your product. These are a couple of things you need to consider when purchasing your countertop model—so if you need the best one, read the full review following here.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have used my TDS reader, and it still shows levels of dissolved particles are the filter cartridge working?
We recommend you read the manual, as some filters do not remove calcium, magnesium, and other minerals in the water. That is why you may not see a decrease in the TDS. Furthermore, if the unit has WQA certified, the likeliness is that the system works.
My water filter has more than one cartridge do I need to purchase them separately.
You will find that when you buy a water filtration system, you get one cartridge included. If you are lucky, you get a replacement one as well. However, in most cases, you will need to buy it separately.
Does the product come with everything to install the unit?
In most cases, you do get everything included, but there have been minor incidents that a product did short some parts and mostly found with under-sink models.
Do countertop water filters remove bacteria, chlorine, and fluoride?
Yes and no, and it depends on the model you buy. In general, the countertop does not remove bacteria, as you need an extra ultraviolet filter. Certain brands do remove fluoride, and in most cases, it does remove chlorine.
How do I know my filter is working correctly?
If the water tasted great at first and has a bad taste now or smells, the likeliness is the filters need changing. Another notable thing is the flow rate becomes very slow.
Can you only use the countertop water filter in the kitchen?
No, you can also use it in the bathroom to provide you with softer water to wash your face. If you suffer from sensitive skin, it will help to restore your skin.
Still Not Convinced to Buy a Countertop Model
If you are still not sure if, the countertop filters the one to buy look at the following pros and cons:
When considering the best countertop water filter, you need to take the size, filter quality, and installation process into consideration. Furthermore, you need to understand how the system works, and we hope the information provided helps to answer the most critical questions.
With our listing, we hope you find a suitable model to use in the home, as there are different options available. Therefore, if you need an affordable one, we hope you find one on the list. However, if you need more than just a countertop filtration system, you can read some of our reviews available here.
We are sure that now you will have all the important details about the countertop water filters. If you will have read through our list of the best countertop water filters. Then you will surely be able to decide now which countertop water filter you should purchase. It is sure that after going through several water filters, it will be possible for you to choose the best one among them to purchase it.
The only thing that you will have to do now is to make sure to comment below which countertop water filter you are going to buy from our list.