Are you struggling to find one of the best faucet water filters for your tap water? Then, we’ve curated a list of 10+ tap water filters for different categories like hard water, drinking water, well water, etc.
Did you know that the water pouring out your tap has different impurities in it that could make you sick? To keep you and your family safe, the best way to get clean water is by using the best faucet water filter. The device is simple to install as you screw it on to the threads of your current tap.
As you know, sometimes, municipal drinking water has an unpleasant odor and taste. You can solve this and more by installing a water filter to the faucet. Furthermore, it is not costly as there are a variety of models available. Now choosing one may leave you standing at a crossroads, but we are here to help.
If you want to find out more about these devices, make sure to read our faucet water filter buyer’s guide that follows here once you are done reading through the tips, head over to the reviews to buy one that fits in with your lifestyle and needs.
So here is my list of The Best Faucet Water Filters in 2021 :
Powpro Fwat Horizontal – Editor’s Pick
With the Powpro faucet water filter, you get five stages of filtration with a mineral water filtering system. You get a double water outlet, and two people can pour water at the same time. This one of the best faucet water filters for drinking water removes both contaminants and sediments, leaving the water lucid and clean to drink.
You get two types of filters, and it comes with a multi-use interface that filters through 100 gallons of water. The unit offers excellent performance and is convenient to use. If you have a tight budget, the Powpro will serve you well, and you can enjoy drinking filtered water.
Replacing the filter cartridge is easy and needs no electricity saving energy and money on the utility bill. The cartridge comprises a dual compound core that is durable and long-lasting. The exterior of the tap is made with quality non-toxic fabric. Furthermore, it comes with a high flow rate of 2L/MIN.
Main Features of PowPro Fwat PP-JTP05 – Best Faucet Water Filter
- Gives an accurate filtration of up to 0.1um to filter out contaminants and harmful materials
- You get three kinds of water filtration mounts to use with different filters
- The cartridges are easy to replace and have a double outlet for two people to use at the same time
- Installation is quick and provides a water flow of 2L/MIN capacity for daily use
- The exterior has a non-toxic plastic edifice
- The inside construction is aluminum
Culligan FM-15A – People’s Choice
For the best faucet water filter, the Culligan does not only come with an affordable price but is attractive and convenient to use. The design provides easy installation, is very efficient, and gives you clean water on demand. The flow rate of the filter is 0.5 GPM.
The water pressure is 60PSI, and it comes with an advanced filter to eliminate different contaminants. You can feel assured you will be drinking water without chlorine, cysts, lead, and other impurities using the device. Furthermore, you get an excellent two-year warranty included.
Another benefit of using the filtration system is that you can enjoy odor-free and great tasting water without a foul taste. More advantages of using the unit are that it has all the features expected from a sound filtration system. However, there have been minor complaints about the fitting and materials being fragile.
Replacing the cartridge is straightforward and lasts up to 200 gallons that is a long time. Furthermore, there are other attractive traits, as well.
Main Features of Culligan FM-15A – A Top Rated Faucet Water Filter
- Made with an advanced filtration system with a flow rate of 0.5 gallons per minute
- You can use the diverter tab to switch from the filter system to using regular tap water
- Easy to install without using tools and comes with a faucet and filter
- Helps remove different contaminants from chlorine, lead, to other impurities
- You get an FM-15RA cartridge that lasts up to two months and best to buy some spare
- The temperature range is between 40 – 100° F
- NSF and ANSI Certified
- Comes with adapters to fit standard sink nozzles
- The pressure range is between 30 – 100 PSI
- Two-year Warranty
DuPont – Best Faucet Water Filter Pick
The DuPont tap filter is another premium product with an attractive design. The unit fits in with most kitchen décor and stands out. Furthermore, you can enjoy great-tasting water on demand as it removes many impurities found in city water. You will drink water that is free from cysts, fluoride, chlorine, and more.
Being one of the best faucet water filters for well water, chlorine, lead, and iron; it can help in all aspects of filtration. Yeah, it’s a versatile filtration system out there. And this one lasts up to 100 gallons of filtered water, and installing the equipment is undemanding. You get the faucet adapters and fit onto different taps. Furthermore, it comes with plumbing tape and two washers. You can expect outstanding performance while the filter life is standard; the filtering system is guaranteed to be the best.
The exterior has a durable plastic construction with a crisp finish and still needs handling with care as it can break.
Main Features of DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier
- The designs attractive and made with long-lasting plastic
- The antimicrobial cartridge provides filtering of up to 100 gallons water
- Include a vertical faucet mount system with a filter to remove different contaminants
- Mounts to a standard kitchen tap and comes with a faucet mount, high capacity filter, two faucet adapters, plumbing tap, and two washers
- Three-year Warranty
Instapure Essential – Best Tap Water Filtration System
Here is another durable faucet water filter from Instapure. The filtration system has a long lifespan and permeates through 200 gallons of water before the cartridge needs replacing. You get two settings one for using with filtered and the other for unfiltered water.
The installation process is simple, and it comes with an attractive chrome finish to fit in with your kitchen décor. The filter is useful and comes with a standard tap to fit most faucets. The construction plastic and you do need to take care not to break it. Furthermore, the max flow rate is 2.80 liters per minute and comes with a granular carbon filter.
Main Features of Instapure F2 Essentials
- Comes with a chrome base and has two settings to use filtered and non-filtered water
- Equipped with a granule carbon filter with a lifespan of 200 gallons
- The product is NSF Certified
- The flow rate is 2.80 liters per minute
- Fits most standard faucets
Brita Tap Water Filtration System – Premium Pick
Brita is a superior brand, and you can see this in the faucet water filter reviewed here. The material used to construct the device is BPA-free, and it eliminates asbestos, chlorine, lead, and more. Yeah, it’s one of the best filters for lead removal out there. Therefore, you can feel rest assured that you are drinking healthy water straight out of the tap.
You get a filter change indicator notifying you when it is time to change the cartridge. The filtration systems effective and offers you convenience with the correct levels of purification. There are many positive reviews related to the product and fits many standard taps.
The biggest problem is the cartridge does not last as long compared to other tap filters and the materials fragile. While the filtration cartridge does not last that long, it does last up to four months and impressive. Furthermore, it does not fit pull out and spray style taps.
Main Features of Brita Tap Water Filtration System
- The filtration system attaches to a standard tap and needs no tools to install
- Help remove lead and other impurities in the water and come with a filter change reminder
- The cartridge needs replacing every four months
- Made with BPA-free material and provides up to 100 gallons of filtered water
- Does not work with pull out and spray styled taps
Here is another attractive and useful faucet water filter from Kabter. With the fantastic design, it doubles up as a filter and decoration piece in the kitchen. The filtering system is superior providing you with constant clean water from the tap. With the filtration cartridge, it removes harmful bacteria, limescale, and other impurities.
The unit comprises a durable structure with a beautiful filter life that lasts up to 200 gallons of water cleaned. Furthermore, the device is compatible with most taps in the home. On the inside is an activated carbon calcium sulfite ball made of food-grade material to improve the odor and taste of the water.
Main Features of Kabter Faucet Mount Water Filter System
- Comprise an activated carbon calcium sulfite ball to reduce more than just chlorine in the water
- The filtration cartridge holds up to five months depending on the water use and filters up to 200 gallons
- Made with BPA-free plastic and has a compact design that takes up little space
- Fits most taps and comes with adapters to install a standard male or female threaded faucet
- Does not work on the pull-down/out or un-threaded valves
- Comes with a chrome finish to fit in with your kitchen or bathroom décor
The following faucet filter has an electronic filtration system that you can easily remove and replace. The filtration cartridge removes all common impurities found in municipal tap water. Furthermore, it comes with a 360° swivel junction allowing you to direct the water where you need it.
The filter has a different design compared to the other faucet filters reviewed as it blends the carbon and ion exchange. The unit attaches to the sink tap and informs you when to change the cartridge with the LED indicator lights. The filtration is 100 gallons of water and should last up to three months of use.
Furthermore, as it’s one of the best faucet water filters out there, it is NSF certified and reduces the chlorine for better-tasting water. Installing the equipment is comfortable by twisting the cover off and placing the filter. Now remove the aerator and washer from the tap. Attach the PUR to the faucet with one click, and it is ready to use.
Main Features of PUR Advanced Tap Water Filter System
- NSF licensed to remove lead and other contaminants
- Improves the taste and odor of water
- Comes with a filter life indicator
- Provides a tool-free installation
- Offers a three-stage filtration system with MAXION Filter
- Available in a chrome finish and the replacement cartridge is simple to replace
- The sealed unit lasts up to three months of use
- Has an LED indicator light and has a 360-degree swivel
- The filter blends the carbon and ion exchange
Here we have another superb faucet water filter from PUR with a horizontal design. What makes the unit so unique is that you can connect it with Bluetooth to your Smartphone to track its progress. Furthermore, it notifies you when you need to change the filter cartridge.
Adding to the fantastic features, the product is NSF certified to provide you and your family with clean drinking water out of the tap. This one of the best faucet water filter systems removes all harmful contaminants from chlorine to lead. The water filter design is convenient to use, but some have reported leaking issues.
While it has some concerns, it remains a reliable tap water filter to have in the home.
Main Features of PUR Chrome Horizontal Faucet Water Filter
- Bluetooth enabled to receive updates on how the filters working and when it needs replacing
- Removes lead, chlorine, and other impurities
- Filters through 100 gallons of water to last up to three months before it requires exchanging
- NSF Approved
- Comes with a clean sensor monitor
- Works with activated carbon and ion exchange to add minerals back to the water
- Comprise a three-stage filtration system
For an effective water filtration system that mounts to the tap in the kitchen, you can look at this model from Brita. You get three different settings to choose how you want your water supplied. You can set it to a regular to smooth stream or use the one with a suitable pressure level.
The filter changes are up to four months and fit standard faucets without using extra adapters. However, the constructions fragile and can easily break if not taken care of. For the installation, you need no additional tools, and it reduces lead, asbestos, and other impurities.
Replacing the filtration cartridge is done with one click and comprises BPA-free material. Furthermore, it does not work with pull out and sprays styled taps.
Main Features of Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filtration Unit
- Easy and convenient to use as it mounts to standard kitchen faucets
- Removes from chlorine, lead, asbestos, and more
- Comes with a filter change reminder and the light turns from green to red
- Has a one-click filter replacement and lasts up to four months of use
- Made with BPA-free material
- You get three spray options from regular, smooth, to high-pressure flow
With the countertop water filter and faucet, you can choose your color to fit in with your kitchen décor. The system has three stages of filtration. The first one removes chloramines, heavy metals, and controls microorganisms. The second step is to eliminate chlorine with the activated coconut carbon shell. While the third one helps raise the pH level in the water.
Being one of the best faucet water filters, it is simple to use and installs on the top of the counter, and the filtration cartridge needs to change regularly.
Main Features of Apex MR-1030 Countertop Faucet Water Filter
- Available in different color styles to fit in with any kitchen décor
- Has a slim and portable design
- Suitable for any sized household and installs quickly
- Removes different impurities with the three-stage filtration system
- Saves you loads of money spent on water bottles
Best Faucet Water Filter Buyer’s Guide
Water faucet filters are straightforward to install and connects to any water supply point using the top part of the tap. However, to obtain the best one, you need to know some vital information about the product. Here you will find information on the special features, reviews, and technical specs you need to consider when buying one. Using one of the products on the list offers you a load of benefits as well.
Benefits of Installing a Faucet Water Filter
The most important advantage is that you get a complete water purification system. The tap filter offers multiple filter stages to help remove impurities in the water. Compared to other filtration systems, the tap filter can remove multifaceted organic and inorganic pollutants.
Furthermore, they are convenient to use compared to ones you need to install under the sink like other under sink water filters. You get clean water on demand, and they are flexible to handle as you can switch between the filtered and unfiltered fluid on command. Another benefit is it is environmentally friendly as you have clean water to drink and you can cut down on buying filtered water in bottles.
Purchasing bottled water leads to plastic waste and becomes a costly expense over time. Keeping the system maintained is low, as you are not dealing with a sophisticated filtration system. Even fixing the device is comfortable by removing the aerator. The only upkeep is to replace the cartridge every two to three months.
Lastly, the faucet water filter is sold at a reasonable price so that you can install one in each part of the home to use.
What types of tap water filters do you get?
The tap filter gives you instant access to clean water and is not complicated to install. However, there are different models available online to buy. Some work with a traditional filter system to remove contaminants while others come with a flavor cartridge. Here are some of the basic types available:
- Tap water filter with a direct flow – the device is affordable and attaches to the faucet. The filtration systems efficient and provides you with quality water to drink. The biggest downside is that you will need to keep stock of the cartridge, as it requires a regular replacement for it to work effectively.
- Faucet filter with a side offset flow – this filter system uses a bigger filtration system as it has an indirect positioning on the tap. The cartridge sieves the water thoroughly, and it lasts longer but is more expensive.
- Reverse osmosis filter – the unit has a carbon cartridge that works together with an acetate membrane applying pressure for the filtration. The layer of some of the best RO filters eliminates water contaminants that the carbon cartridge did not remove. The filter needs regular replacements for optimal performance and best to read the instructions supplied with the product.
- Carbon filter – some faucet filters work with only a carbon one to absorb impurities and can remove chemicals. For the best filtration, you need to change the cartridge as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
How Do You Buy a Faucet Filter?
The best way to buy a tap filter is to consider the following features.
Look at the price and your budget:
Each faucet filter differs from another when it comes to construction. Here you can look at your budget to get the best one. The filtering system varies in prices as some offer you advanced functions compared to others. Further, you need to consider the maintenance costs as well. If you buy a premium water filter, it may cost more, but saves you money, in the end, saving you costs on replacing the screen.
What contaminants does the system need to remove?
In your city water, there can be different impurities present, and best to test it with a water testing kit. By doing this, you can determine which pollutants the faucet filter needs to remove. However, if you do not want to go with this route, you can always buy one that eliminates the common ones in the water.
Other features you can consider:
- The construction – the best tap filter to buy is one made of metal as it provides a tight grip for better filtering.
- The cartridge life – this essential element sieves the substances from the water, leaving it clean to drink. You need to consider if you want a light or heavy-duty unit that eliminates up to 70 different organic and inorganic impurities. The cartridge life varies from one to another and can last up to filtering through 300 gallons of water. Some filters you will need to replace after two to three months.
- A filter change sensor – as the filter cartridge is an essential part of the system, it needs to operate well. You can find specific products with light or day counting sensor reminding you when it is time to replace. The most common one is the light model and turns yellow to red when reaching the capacity of filtering. With the day counting model, you need to set the counter after you replace the filter.
- How much space do you have – here you need to consider the size as it determines if you can use a small to large filter.
- Appearance – each tap provided with the filtering system has a different finish. Therefore, you need to consider the design to ensure it does fit in with your home décor.
The Technical Aspects
You can get two styles of faucet filters, one with a filter rotation around the axis, and the other has a swiveling design that runs through a vertical axis. Here it all comes down to your personal preference when choosing one. Furthermore, you need to look for some form of warranty as it offers you a guarantee of the work to make the product.
Frequently Asked Questions about Faucet Water Filters
How do I know when it is time to replace the filtration cartridge?
While some of the devices do come with sensors, some do not. The best way to determine when to replace it is when you notice a slower trickle of water. Usually, this indicates it is time for a replacement. Furthermore, you can make a note of when you installed the device and have a reminder set up on your phone set according to the lifespan available in the instructions provided.
Why do I need a water filter on the faucet?
In general, the water supplied by municipal plants has undergone strict filtration before it runs through the main water line to your home. However, you do not know what the water becomes contaminated once it moves through the pipelines. Some of the plumbing and fixtures are old and rusty on the inside, leaving you with impure water to drink filled with particles. Using a faucet water filter helps to remove these substances, leaving it healthier to drink.
What are the NSF standards?
The NSF water standard usually is 42 or 53 and is a collective term found when looking at the best faucet water filters to buy. If you have any water filtration system approved according to the NSF, you know it has undergone strict testing to help reduce impurities in the water.
How does one install such a device?
Installing a tap filter is one of the simplest methods compared to a whole house or under sink filtration system. You do not need extra tools and only takes a couple of minutes. The only tool may require a wrench. To install your filter, you can do the following.
- First, shut off the main water supply to the home.
- Remove the aerator of the faucet and may need a wrench to loosen it.
- Now clean off any build-up found in the faucet filter using some lime/lemon or vinegar.
- Check the instructions to see if you need an adapter and customarily supplied with the product.
- Place the cartridge inside the housing and attach the unit to the thread of the faucet.
- Let the water run through the system for five minutes and flush out the excess carbon before using it.
What impurities does a tap water filter block?
There are different contaminants blocked by the filtration system and depends on the type of model you have. These substances can comprise of elements present after the municipal water treatment, such as chlorine, solid debris like sand/dust, odor, weird tastes, bacteria, viruses, chemicals, and more.
Which Filter Will Suit Your Lifestyle
Depending on your lifestyle and location, determines which of the faucet water filters is best for you to use. In our review, there are three top contenders with amazing features that stand out from the rest.
For the best high performing filter and design:
If you need a combination of style and efficiency, you can consider buying the DuPont. The chrome finish with 100-gallon capacity will provide you with clean water and is pleasing to the eye. The filtration system removes lead, chlorine, mercury, and more.
You will enjoy odor-free and high tasting water to drink. The unit attaches easily to your kitchen tap and needs no extra adapters making the installation a breeze. Furthermore, it comes with Microban protection to eradicate mildew and bacteria from growing on the inside.
Alternatively, you get a fantastic three-year warranty making it an excellent buy and a significant investment to have.
For the best-mounted filter to attach to the faucet:
One person might have a specially designed tap while another one has a different one. Therefore, if you want to cleanse the water supplied through the faucet, but it does have limitations consider the Culligan as an ideal buy. The device has a compact structure and installs easily without getting the toolbox.
You get adapters to make the mounting simpler and fit a standard sink. Alternatively, you can switch between using filtered and non-filtered water with the diverter valve. Furthermore, it is equipped with an advanced filter to remove complex impurities from chlorine, lead, to cysts.
You can enjoy the best taste with fragrance-free water that is healthy to drink. The filtration cartridge lasts long and filters through 200-gallons, and depending on the water, usage should last up to two months. Another benefit is the product is NSF certified following the 42 and 53 standards.
For easy monitoring of the filter:
If you are one of those people who forget to keep track of things, the PUR with Bluetooth connectivity is the best buy? You can connect it with your phone to inform you when it is time to replace the filter. Furthermore, it tracks your water usage and comes with a clean sensor monitor indicating the status of the cartridge.
You get optimal performance with the MAXION filtration system as it combines a carbon and ion exchange in the filter. The method removes visible and invisible contaminants leaving the water clean. Furthermore, it removes organic and inorganic matter as well.
The cartridge has a lifespan of 100 gallons before you need to replace it and is generally in a span of two to three months. On the other hand, you get a two-year warranty and are an excellent investment.
These are our three best faucet water filters on the list, but the others also come highly recommended for their price and versatility offered.
Other Faucet Water Filters
While the above water filters with tap mounting are the best, you can look at some other models available here as well.
Here we have a fantastic purchase when it comes to construction. The Engdenton has a stainless steel structure that helps reduce chlorine and provides a high water flow.
The filter fits standard taps without any problem and is crack and leak-proof. Furthermore, the units equipped with a Japanese activated carbon fiber filtration system. You can enjoy using bacteria-free water, and it helps to improve the taste and odor. The water flow is 0.5 gallons per minute, and the filtration cartridge lasts up to six months or 320 gallons. Yeah, truly one of the best faucet water filters for drinking water too. Just go for it, and you won’t regret it.
With the European design, the countertop water filter looks excellent in any kitchen. The unit removes harmful impurities from chlorine, lead, rust, to other sediments.
The filter cartridge lasts up to six months or 1500 gallons. You get a plastic wrench, seal, ring, and two tap adapters included. The price is affordable and backed with a year’s warranty.
Also, Read the Following Articles
- Best Whole House Filtration System – Detailed Overview
- Reviews of Best Portable Water Filter Systems of 2021
With the 15-stage shower filter, it has a unique vitamin C construction to use with hard water. You get two replaceable cartridges included in the kit. This best faucet water filter removes chlorine, helps reduce fluoride, and fits on any showerhead. You get tremendous value when you buy the package as it has Teflon tape and two silicon seals in it as well.
The metal filter offers you hygiene to soften water and leaves the skin soft. Installing the filter is hassle-free as it fits all standard show heads with a ½ -inch connection, and you get maximum water pressure. Furthermore, you get a year warranty included. The filtration cartridge lasts up to eight months of use, depending on the water used.
Here we have another tap water filter to use in the kitchen or bathroom. The unit has an ABS construction with a 360-degree faucet. The filtration system removes bacteria, chlorine, viruses, and more. Another benefit is it comes with a money-back guarantee.
The design is convenient and made with flexible metal and smooth operation with a working pressure of up to 0.4Mpa. The water flow is 6L/minute and filters down to 0.2 micrometers. The filtration cartridge of this one of the best faucet water filters comprises activated carbon, KDF, medical stone, and the lifespan is up to six months.
Which One Are You Going To Get?
For some purchasing, the best tap water filter is a simple task, but if you are uncertain, we hope the buyer’s guide helps you with all the information you need. Buying the device is not just walking into the shop and getting one, as there are various models available.
After reading the guide, you can also consider the questions above to make your final pick. With the review, we aim to place you in a better position when looking for a premium one to use in the home. Compare the factors and features above. Furthermore, read the pros and cons as it helps to make an educated choice.
Now, we are sure that you will have all the essential information about which faucet water filter will be best suitable for you to purchase. You will be able to decide whether you want to go for under sink or countertop water filters. There are so many models of water filters that we did mention on the list. So it will be possible for you to easily choose one and purchase at home.
When you will finish installing the faucet water filter, there will be so many benefits that you can avail yourself of. The only thing that you will have to do is go through our list of the best water filters and choose the best suitable one for your home.
The water filters for use with a faucet reviewed are the best ones available on the market. The important thing is the final choice is all up to you. So make the right choice now, and if you do need something more significant, you can always consider one of the best whole-house water filtration systems reviewed here. On the other hand, check our water filter bottles out as well.
We hope that now you will have all the essential information about the faucet water filters. There are surely so many kinds of faucet water filters that are currently available in the market. But you will just have to choose the best suitable one to purchase and have it at home. Our list of the best faucet water filters will indeed help all our readers to get the best product.
Do not forget to let us know in the comments which faucet water filter you are going to buy from our list.