Gas vs. Electric Tankless Water Heater- Which is Better for Your House?
It is one of the most common questions that most people search for whenever they need to purchase a water heater. Whenever you are going to replace your old water heater with a new one or when you need to choose the best water heater that is currently available in the market, you will surely wonder if you should purchase Gas Water Heater or you should invest in an Electric Tankless Water Heater. So which one is better for you?
Basically, there are so many things that you need to consider when you are choosing the best water heater. Also, when you are choosing between a gas water heater or an electric tankless water heater, you will find numerous reviews on it. However, we will not review any electric tankless water heater or any gas water heater here.
But we will help you clear the confusion that is going on in your mind of whether you should get an electric water heater that comes without a tank or you should purchase a gas water heater.
Suppose you do not know which one is better or best suitable for you to purchase. Then you are definitely in the right place searching for it as we will provide you with all the essential information and details about the gas water heater and the electric tankless water heater.
You need to read the article to the end, and you will be able to decide for yourself which kind of water heater can fulfill all your requirements and needs. That is why we mentioned the pros and cons of both the Electric Tankless Water Heater and Gas Tankless Water Heater. Scroll down to go through every advantage as well as disadvantage.
Gas Tankless Water Heater
The gas tankless water heater will use the gas to heat the water to provide the user with an on-demand hot water supply.
- The gas heaters tend to have a higher capacity to heat the water. So the user will be able to use the hot water continuously without any kind of interruption, and that too for a long period of time.
- It will be possible for the gas tankless water heater to provide up to 8 gallons of hot water per minute water flow rate. That is why you can use it conveniently in multiple faucets at the same time.
- You will be happy to know that the operating cost for the gas tankless water heater is way lower if we compare it to the electric tankless water heater.
- In some regions, natural gas is cheaper than the electricity charges, making the gas tankless water heater a perfect and cheap option.
- The gas tankless water heater has a little bit of a higher price range
- Installation and maintenance is not easy and simple
Electric Tankless Water Heater
An electric tankless water heater, as the name suggests, will use the electric coil to heat the water and provide the user with hot water at the desired temperature.
- The electric tankless water heater’s initial investment or purchasing cost is lower than the gas tankless water heater. So you will find it a cheaper option to install and have it at your home.
- You will be happy to know that installation and maintenance are easy and simple. The user can be able to install it single-handedly without the need of any professionals.
- They are compact in size and light in weight, making them perfectly suitable to place anywhere and easily move from one place to another.
- You must know that the electric tankless water heater has higher thermal efficiency. That means you can get the desired temperature of the water within a few minutes.
- The high amount of power needed leads to great electricity bills, which will make the operating costs higher.
- You can not use it efficiently when using hot water from multiple faucets at the same time.
- No power means no hot water.