Do you want the water to smell and taste the same as a mountain stream? You need the best refrigerator water filter to achieve these results. A fact is that water from the fridge can smell the same as the water from the faucet.
So how do refrigerator water filters help? Well, the majority of this filtration system removes chemicals and microorganisms from ice and chilled water. The most important thing is you need to get the right one since there are different brands and models available. Therefore, how do you know you have the right one?
Fortunately, we are here to help you pick the right appliance for your refrigerator to enjoy freshly chilled water without the bad taste. Yeah, in this article, we’ve compiled only top-rated water filters for your refrigerator.
So, let’s get started now.
So here is my list of The Best Refrigerator Water Filters :
Here’s the list of reviews for our selected picks under the best refrigerator water filters of 2021.
Sometimes, you may have surely noticed that the smell of the water from the refrigerator can be the same as the smell of the water from the faucet. So if you want your refrigerator water to smell like the mountain streams then it will be essential for you to get and install the best refrigerator water filter.
Refrigerator water filters are what most people are choosing whenever the need arises to remove chemicals and microorganisms from the ice as well as chilled water from the refrigerator.
The most important thing that you need to keep in mind is that you will have to get the best and right kind of refrigerator water filter as there are hundreds of brands available in the market. That is the reason why we are going to help you get the best refrigerator water filter that can ensure to improve the water taste and smell.
We’ve compiled these reviews by following the strict filtering measures our experts have researched for you. Yeah, we aim to give you precise and accurate reviews of top-rated refrigerator filters on the market.
With the MWF, you get an advanced filtration to filter out up to five trace pharmaceuticals. These contaminants include atenolol, ibuprofen, fluoxetine, progesterone, and trimethoprim.
The unit works with a carbon block to reduce pollutants and certified to reduce lead, asbestos, cysts, and more. You can enjoy fresh ice and water that tastes great.
Suppose you have a side-by-side or bottom-freezer from the famous brand, the filters made for you. Further, you can also use it with the Hotpoint brands. There are no compatibility issues as it is GE guaranteed to fit. General Electric recommends you change the cartridge every six months for the best performance.
Alternatively, you can replace it after filtering 300 gallons of water. However, be careful when shopping for a GE refrigerator water filter as there different fake ones available on the market.
Moreover, if you buy the fake version, it only removes the chlorine and no other harmful elements. So yeah, check out for certification and authenticity of this machine if you’re buying it from your local store.
Features of MWF By General Electric
- Make sure you get the original by clicking here and adding your model number of the fridge for a perfect fit
- Compatible with bottom-freezers and side-by-side models in the GE range
- Certified to remove up to fifteen different contaminants
- Made with a twist and lock design with tool-free use
- The max filtered water flow is 0.5gpm
- Needs replacing every six months
- You can use it to replace the GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06, and MWFA
- NSF/ANSI 42 & 53 certified
Here we have another excellent water filter from Samsung for your fridge. The screen protects components and provides you with clean water. Compared to the GE model, it uses the same carbon block to reduce tap water’s harmful elements. The filtrations available in a two-pack, and you can place them inside or outside the appliance.
Both the filters included work fine with side-by-side and French door fridges with a water and ice dispenser. A note of warning there are fake versions available, so best to make sure you get the genuine Samsung one. The water filter here has undergone testing by the NSF and certified safe to use for drinking water.
To replace the filter, you can look at the digital panel on your appliance, as there is a filter light present that turns red. Alternatively, you can place a reminder sticker and found in the box.
Features of DA29-00020B By Samsung
- You can check your model online before purchasing the device
- Available in a pack of two to use inside and outside the refrigerator
- Comes with three-speed electronic control and indicator light to replace the cartridge
- Works with a carbon block to remove different contaminants in the water
- NSF 42 certified and compatible with side-by-side and French door models with a water and ice dispenser
For the best inline water filter to replace your FC-100/FC100, SWF2CB, WF2CB, or NGFC-2000/NGFC200, pick the WF2CB model here. However, if you have a Kenmore with part number 9911, 9916, and 46-9911, this filters ideal to use as well.
Further, it fits all front-cassette refrigerators and mounts easily. The system removes chlorine and other sediments such as cysts, lead, and more. However, it does not remove fluoride but does remove other pesticides. The long-lasting filtration system you can use for up to nine months before replacing it.
For ease of use, it has a slide-in-slide-out design and needs no tools for installation. Once you open the package, you may see some visible resin, and Frigidaire advises it is from the sonic well. The substance is NSF approved and not harmful to the appliance or you.
Features WF2CB PureSource By Frigidaire
- You can check your fridge model before buying
- Comes with an action-slide and click install design
- Certified according to the NSF/ANSI 42 and 53 standards
- Reduces chlorine taste and other contaminants in the water
- Check out the list above as it replaces many other Frigidaire models
When it comes to changing filters in the fridge, LG makes it easier for you with the LT700P model. Yeah, with the gallon capacity of 200 and only by replacement period of six months, this one succeeds in securing a spot among other best refrigerator water filters on this list. The filtration system distills water by removing chlorine, heavy metals, and more.
A note is to make sure you do not buy a fake one by clicking through here. Furthermore, the replacement of the filter also depends on how much you use it.
Another benefit is the cartridge informs you when it is time to replace, as you only need to reset the filter indicator on the fridge control panel. Once the display reaches zero, you know you need to replace it.
The fantastic thing is the water filter works with forty different LG refrigerators, and best to check the model number before buying. The LG is a high-quality filter certified by the NSF 42 and 53 standards.
Features of LT700P ICE PURE by LG
- Reduces chlorine and other contaminants in the water
- Easy to install and only needs replacing after six months
- Comes with a filter indicator as a reminder to replace
- Works with 40 different LG models
- NSF 42 and 53 certified
- Has a 200-gallon water capacity
Do you have a Samsung French Door or Side-by-Side fridge? Then you know it has a built-in water filtration system. The truth is that the canister needs replacing, as it does not last forever. Instead of buying a universal one rather replace it with the original one.
With the compact unit, you can enjoy clean drinking water, and it protects the appliance components at the same time. The inline water filter has a carbon block structure to rid the water of different pollutants present. Further, it removes chlorine to make the water odorless and tastes great.
The filter needs replacing after six months, and you can notice this as the water flow rate reduces. There is a light indicator in the control panel, signaling that you change the cartridge when it turns red.
Features of DA29-00003G By Samsung Genuine
- Has a water flow rate of 0.5gpm and capacity of 200 gallons
- The pressure is 20 psi – 125 psi
- Needs replacing every six months and informs you with a red light on the control panel
- Works with side-by-side and French door refrigerators
- Comprise a carbon block to remove chlorine and other harmful particles in the water
- NSF 42 and 53 certified
- Works with both inside and outside water filtration systems
Do you own a Pure Source Ultra Refrigerator? Then you need a special refrigerator water filter such as the ULTRAWF. When choosing this model, you must make sure; it is the original one as the markets full of imitations. The carbon-block construction removes most impurities from the water, leaving it healthy to drink.
If you have this fridge, you can count yourself lucky using the filter as not all purification systems can deal with VOCs. The cartridge you need to replace every six months or after it has filtered 200 gallons of water. The flow rate is 0.5gpm, and depending on the use, it may need replacing after four months.
Installing the unit is straightforward, but some users said it was not easy. We recommend you read the instructions to make it simpler for you.
Features of FBA_ULTRAWF by Frigidaire
- Has a water flow rate of 0.5 gallons per minute and capacity of 200 gallons
- Needs replacing every six months
- Works only with the Pure Source Ultra model
- Comprise a carbon block and removes VOCs effectively
- NSF 42 and 53 certified
Do you need to replace your Whirlpool fridge water filter? Then using the original always works best. There is no better filter to use than the EveryDrop one. The unit is NSF certified to remove different contaminants in water such as lead, pesticides, chlorine and more.
In total, it removes up to 23 harmful elements found in tap water. Furthermore, it does not only work with Whirlpool brands but Jenn-Air, Maytag, and Amana models. Alternatively, it is the only replacement to use with your UKF8001 model and discontinued.
You can use it in the bottom freezer or side-by-side models that work with a filter of four replacements. To keep it working as should, it needs replacing every six months or filters up to 300 gallons of water.
Features of Whirlpool EDR3RXD1 By Whirlpool
- Works with most refrigerator brands and you can check your model out here to see if it will work
- NSF certified to remove different contaminants
- Replaces filter four models
- Needs replacing every six months or when purifying up to 300 gallons of water
Do you want to enjoy drinking fresh water from your fridge dispenser? You will love the UKF8001 PUR replacement model. The top contender removes different impurities in tap water. Furthermore, it also eliminates bacteria, chlorine, and chemicals.
What makes the system so unique is it also provides the right minerals your body needs to stay healthy. The filtration systems NSF certified, and you know you are getting a safe to use filter to clean your drinking water. Even the installation process is simple and tool-less.
The cartridge needs replacing every six months.
Features of UKF8001 PUR by Maytag
- Easy to install and works without using tools
- Replaces most Maytag and other models available on the market
- Leaves potential minerals in the water
- Removes most contaminants and needs replacing after six months
- NSF 42 certified
Do you own a GE RPWF or RPWFE filter and need to replace it? Look at the one here designed to work with General Electric refrigerators. You can check your model to make sure if it will work even before buying. The filter system removes five traces of pharmaceuticals and chlorine.
Further, it gets rid of mercury and lead at the same time. Compared to other filters, the unit is easy to install without using extra tools. The recommended replacement is up to six months or filtered up to 300 gallons of water. On the other hand, if you have a large family, it may need replacement sooner to work effectively.
Another problem you may face is it only works with a selected few GE models as it has a sleek design.
Features of GE RPWFE by General Electric
- Works with most RPWF and RPWFE filter refrigerators
- May fit a few selected French Door models
- The operation water pressure is 120 min max
- Removes more than 15 different contaminants and pharmaceuticals
- Easy to replace after six months or when filtering up to 300 gallons of water
- NFC certified to reduce volatile organic compounds
Do you own a fridge with a water dispenser? Then you know how important it is to keep your family safe. To achieve this, you need the Mist water filter to protect you and your family. The product has an affordable price and offers fantastic performance to remove different impurities.
You can enjoy drinking cold water that is chlorine-free without the after taste or smell. With the coconut shell filter, you get an Eco-friendly product that removes more contaminants than most other products available on the market. Further, the unit carries approval from different organizations when it comes to your safety.
Features of LT800P By Mist
- Carbon filter replacement made with coconut shell
- Lasts up to six months or 300 gallons of water filtered
- NSF/ANSI 42 Certified
- Works with a different brand of fridges and best to check the list out before buying
Also, Check Our Other Articles
- Best rated Reverse Osmosis Systems of 2021
- Reviews of Best Under sink water filters on the market
- Top Rated Whole house water filter systems for filtration of water
- Best Water Softener Reviews – For People Living in Hard Water Area
- Fleck Iron Pro 2 Water Softener Review
Here we have the EPINL30 in-line refrigerator filter you can use for up to five years before it needs replacing. With the universal design, it connects to most major brands of fridges and icemakers. The product is easy to install and keeps appliances free from chlorine taste, odor, and sediment.
Features EPINL30 by EcoPure
- The refrigerator filter lasts up to five years before it needs replacing
- Works with most popular brands such as GE, Samsung, LG, and more
- Comes with both the ¼ -inch compression and push-to-connect fittings to use with copper and plastic water lines
- Helps eliminate chlorine and sediment in the water
Now for something completely different in water filters for the fridge. Does your refrigerator not have a water filter system? Would you like to add one? Look at this excellent product from PureWater. With the economical option, it works with most water dispensers and icemakers.
The unit is easy to install with the included hardware and fittings. You can place it in different locations such as under your sink, cabinet, or behind the fridge. Whether you have a water fountain, icemaker, counter system, the product works well. The product is NSF and ANSI certified with a standard 42.
Included you get the filter, quick connect fittings, ¼-inch shutoff valve, two water line adapters, mounting bracket, screw, graphics, and installation guide.
On the other hand, it comes with a lifetime warranty as well as free telephone support. The service life of the filter is 1,500 gallons, or you can replace it once a year.
Features of Purewater Filter Kit
- Offers you a versatile system to use with icemakers, refrigerators, and more
- Removes chlorine for better tasting water
- NSF/ANSI certified
- All hardware is included to mount the water filter
- Designed as a direct in-line filter with a service of 1,500 gallons of water
- Lifetime Warranty
Here we have another unique water filter for your refrigerator with a push-button design. You can use it on all French door and Side-by-Side models. The system provides up to six months of clean water for you to drink. The cartridge eliminates pharmaceutical elements and carries a WQA Golden Seal with ISO9001 certification.
Further, it retains minerals that are beneficial for your body and only needs replacing after six months. Alternatively, you can swap it out with a new one when filtering 300 gallons of water. The flow rate is 0.5 GPM, and it has a pressure of 30 to 125 PSI.
You receive everything in the box and available in packs of two to six with replacing reminder labels.
Features of PURNEAT
- Offers you superior filtration with activated carbon to remove chlorine
- Carries a quality certification from WQA and ISO
- Simple installation and needs no special tools to use in side-by-side fridges
- Made with a twist in and out design
- The filter needs replacing after six months of use
- The flow rate is 0.5GPM
- The pressure is up to 125 PSI
For a premium solution to replace your current filter, the Neptune refrigerator water filter stands out from the rest. You can use it to replace different brands, and a list of models is available for you to see before buying. Further, the products tested and certified with standard 42 by NSF/ANSI.
Alternatively, the water filters are manufactured in agreement with the ISO9001/14001 standards. The filtration systems are made from pure coconut shell carbon to leave you with purified water to drink. On the other hand, it removes chlorine, chemicals, and other contaminants from the water.
Also, as it works for well water, you can count on it as one of the best refrigerator filters for well water too.
Further, it leaves all vital minerals intact and prevents the buildup of plastic water bottles in landfills. The instructions are easy to follow, and you need no tools to install the device. You need to change the filter between three to six months, depending on how big your family is.
Features of Neptune Water Filter Replacement Kit
- NSF/ANSI 42 certified and manufactured according to the ISO standards
- Made with active coconut carbon to remove different contaminants present in the water
- Needs replacing after six months of use or 300 gallons of water filtered
- Works with most brands and best to check the model list to see if you can use it as a replacement
The GLACIER Fresh refrigerator water filter carries an NSF42 and NSF372 certification. The filtration system is compatible with different LG fridges and only needs changing after six months of use. On the other hand, you can replace it after filtering 300 gallons of water.
The product is made of high-grade coconut shell carbon filters to trap contaminants found in the water. With the push-button located on the housing, it makes installing the unit simpler. Inside the casing, you get a multi-stage filtration system.
Features of Glacier Fresh LT1000P
- Offers you an efficient filtration system to use with your LG refrigerator
- Compatible with different models in the LG range and Kenmore
- The filter needs replacing every six months or when it filters 300 gallons of water
- NSF42 and NSF372 certified
- Made with coconut shell carbon filter to remove chlorine and other contaminants
How to Choose the Best Refrigerator Water Filter
Choosing a refrigerator water filter is a challenge, especially when you face many products, all with the same purpose. We are here to help! In the next section, we provide you with insight into making the right choice when selecting one. Let us look at the critical factors you can consider:
Personally, this is the most crucial factor, as not all water filters are the same. Manufacturers build the parts with accessories made for specific models and compatible with the refrigerator you use. Here we recommend you choose the correct filter even if it does have a universal design.
Make sure to pick a model that fits your appliance, and you do this by checking your refrigerator model number. By comparing it to the information provided, you will find a compatible one to work with the unit.
Do not just pick a model even if it works with your brand, as there could be complications such as leaking. Therefore, this is the first and most critical step.
Pick a Certified Water Filter
Do not buy a generic filter brand just because it claims to clean the water in the refrigerator. Pick one that has passed several certifications for durability, quality, performance, and safety. The essential guarantee you can look at is one certified by NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) International.
The NSF works hand-in-hand with ANSI (American National Standards Institute) to set two standards (42 and 53) for filters. The first one deals with the visual properties of the water (smell and taste.) The second one deals with harmful contaminants found in water. Any filtration system with a standard 53 makes sure the liquid is odorless, contaminant-free, and tasteless.
The Filtering Capabilities
The majority of refrigerator water filters can filter water based on the particle size measured in microns. The lower the rating, the more the filter blocks minute contaminants.
The average score is 20 microns. Yeah, the majority of best refrigerator filters have this score. However, only a few models have different filtration stages, and best to pay attention to the micron rating.
Check the capacity as it plays an essential role in determining if the model can deliver the performance you need. The majority of water filters have a 200 to 300-gallon capacity and last up to six months.
Ease of Use
When installing the device, it needs to be uncomplicated as most brands offer you tool-less installation. However, if it does require more steps for fixing, you can always depend on a refrigerator expert to take care of it.
The Type of Water Filter
Here you can look at where the filter fits inside your fridge and comprise of the size. The common locations are the grille, slide-out, canister, and drop-down water filters.
Other Questions Related to Refrigerator Water Filters
One question that comes up often is if the water filter removes fluoride in water. Fluoride does have health benefits, but tests have proven it is also harmful to your health. To answer the question, it is no.
The only way you can remove the substance is with a reverse-osmosis water filtration system connected to the home’s faucet. Here you can look at some of the best refrigerator filters for hard water to help remove different contaminants found in municipal water. If you do find one, they are few.
The next question is how to clean the water dispenser? Here are some easy steps you can follow:
- Start by turning the water valve to stop the supply of water by turning the valve clockwise.
- Loosen the screw affixed to the copper tubing to disconnect the water pump from the tank. Once loose, slide the water tube off.
- Take a funnel and pour up to three cups of vinegar through the tube you removed. The substance flows through to the first compartment. It should take about five minutes and fasten it to the back with Teflon tape.
- Remove the container holding the ice cubes if you have one and adjust it to the on position. By doing this, the vinegar flows through the system as well to clean it.
- Now press the button that activates the water pouring mechanism by holding it continuously. Keep doing this until the solutions are evacuated.
- Take a bottlebrush, dip the end into the vinegar, clean the copper tubing’s open end, and spout. Take an old toothbrush, dip it in the substance, and brush the drainage plate.
- Now you can reassemble the device and slip back the end of the copper pipe into its rightful place. Switch the valve on and keep the ice maker in the on position. Run the water through the system for a couple of minutes to remove the vinegar.
Which Refrigerator Water Filter Works For You
As you can see, there are many options available when it comes to choosing the best refrigerator water filter. We have selected some of the top contenders on the list to make your selection simpler. So if you want to enjoy freshwater out of the water dispenser in the fridge, make sure to pick one from the list.
You can enjoy drinking water without contaminants while still keeping essential minerals intact. We hope that the reviews help you to find a perfect one. The important thing is to check the model before buying just anyone.
Further, most of them are NSF and ANSI certified to be safe to use and made with durable, eco-friendly material. The only thing that you will have to ensure is to choose a refrigerator water filter that you think will be best suitable for you. There is not a thing you should worry about if you are going to choose the refrigerator water filter from our list. Because each and every product that we did mention on our list is best reliable and relevant for all the users.
We hope that all of you will find this article helpful in order to get the essential information about the best refrigerator water filter. It is sure that you are going to decide well about purchasing the best refrigerator water filter. This article will make sure to provide you all the important information that will help you to decide which product will be best for you to purchase.