If you’re looking for one of the best water ionizers on the market in 2021 then you’ve landed on the exactly right resource. Yeah, here we’ve compiled a list of more than 15 ionizers which are doing quite well in people’s water processing job.
As we all know, to live a healthy life, you need to drink a lot of water. However, with the quality of the water, it does not seem to be that great anymore. That is why you need the best ionizer in the home to add more alkaline and give it an acidic taste. So which one should you buy? We are here to help with the water ionizer reviews available here.
Though before you head out and buy just anyone makes sure to read the buying guide that follows here as well.
So here is my list of The Best Water Ionizers in 2021
Bawell Alkaline Ionized Water Machine – Editor’s Pick
For a top brand in water ionizers, you can look at the Bawell to deliver excellent performance functions. The appliance has an affordable price and dependable to use. The constructions fantastic and comprise five plates and comes with six pH settings. With the settings, you get an excellent overall performance to decide what the pH level should be.
There are three alkaline settings with a neutral pH mode and two acidic water settings. The pH range is 3.2 – 10, and it is available in different Oxidation-Reduction Potential Ranges. The color display is enormous, making it easier to see the various settings available.
Furthermore, it makes use of color-coding, allowing you to learn the settings quicker. Further, the screen also displays the filter life and other vital information. The filtration cartridge lasts up to 6000 liters and makes it able for you to replace it yearly.
- You get a limited lifetime warranty
- The pH range is 3.2 to 10, and the ORP ranges between +600 to -420
- Made with five plates
- Connects directly to the kitchen faucet with the two-way adapter included
- Has a huge LCD screen with valuable information and all the modes are color-coded
- The flow rate is one gallon every 90-seconds
- The plates are titanium platinum coated
- Equipped with a water filter that lasts up to 6000 liters and the unit notifies you when it needs a change
- Comes with a compartment to store your minerals and vitamins
- Comprise self-cleaning function offering you a low maintenance cost
Aqua Ionizer Deluxe – People’s Choice
Drinking alkaline waters beneficial for your health, so why not get the Deluxe 5.0 water ionizer from Aqua. Similar to the previous model, this one also has five plates coated with platinum. The water pH ranges from 4.5 to 11. The Oxidation-Reduction Potential Ranges are -600 to +600 and affordable to buy.
The appliance has seven settings offering you versatility and has a self-cleaning function. With the feature, it helps prolong the water filter lifespan of 4000 liters before it needs replacing. The carbon filter removes chlorine and other harmful impurities in the water.
Furthermore, it also depends on the type of water you use, and being able to adjust the pH level makes it one of the best buys on the list.
- ETL Listed, FDA Approved, and RoHS Certified
- Has seven pH level settings
- Made with four alkaline ionized modes
- Further, it comes with one non-ionized and two ionized uses
- Has a carbon filter included that filters up to 4000 liters
- Comes with a self-cleaning function
- The pH levels range from 4.5 to 11, and the ORP range is -600 to +600
IntelGadgets IONtech – Best Ionizer for Home Use
Do you want to change the pH level of the water you drink? You will love the IONtech 757 model! The ionizer is going to be a life-changer in the home. You can adjust the levels between 4.5 and 11 depending on your preferences; you can also customize the antioxidant value.
The unit is equipped with platinum titanium electrolysis plates and comes with a color LCD with seven available pH levels. After every cycle, it does a self-cleaning process to improve the longevity of the machine — furthermore, the apparatus equipped with an ion membrane filter made from BPA-free material.
On the other hand, you get impressive power with the 850 volts available and give remarkable results. You can enjoy drinking alkalized and purified water at the same time.
- You get all the parts to make the installation hassle-free
- Comes with a pre-installed filter and pH Testing Kit
- You get a two-year warranty
- The unit fits under the sink and comes with a countertop faucet with a 2-inch outer diameter and a ⅜-inch inner diameter
- Easy to operate with the seven-color LCD and has a self-cleaning function
- Comes with an auto-cleaning alarm
- Comprise huge platinum-titanium plates
- There are six pH levels, four alkaline levels, one acidic range, and one pure filtered water level
- The display shines blue for alkaline and red for acidic water
- The pH level is between 4.5 to 11, and the ORP is -850mv
- Comes with an activated carbon filter and needs replacing after filtering through 12,000 liters of water
- Include ISO, SGS, and CE Certification
Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 7.0 – One of The Best Ionizers For Drinking Water
The Aqua Deluxe 7.0 has a similar design to the 5.0 model and provides the same performance to improve the pH levels of the water you drink. You get up to seven health benefits using the machine to enhance your cooking, beverages, drinking, cleaning, cosmetics, healthier purified water, and certification.
The product is ETL listed, and FDA approved for you to use in the comfort of the home. Furthermore, it is RoHS certified as well, and ISO factory tested. The air-water life you get equipped with everything needed to install the device in the bathroom, kitchen, and more.
The constructions stylish and the included guide are intuitive and easy to follow with the diagrams. You can adjust the pH levels depending on your needs and cover a wide selection of ionic plates. The appliance is small and compact to place anywhere in a dorm room, apartment, office, or home.
You get seven settings, including two acidic, presets, one non-ionized purifier, and four alkaline continuously functional modes. The plates comprise platinum and titanium that are durable and energy-efficient at the same time.
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- Produces a pH between 4 to 11
- The ORP is from -800 to +1000
- Comes with an activated carbon filter you need to replace after filtering through 4,000 liters of water
- An LCD to get full control over the performance of the machine
Air Water Life Deluxe 9.0 – Premium Pick
The Aqua remains a popular water ionizer, and the Deluxe 9 is no different from the other two reviewed here. The pH levels range from 3 to 11.5 and offer you an optimal ORP. Furthermore, it comes with a carbon filter that filters through up to 4000 liters before it needs replacing.
You can enjoy drinking ionized and purified water at the same time as the filtration system removes all harmful contaminants in the water. Further, you get seven settings to select your preferred acidic level to do chores around the home. Alternatively, if you need a higher level of alkaline for cooking or drinking water, it is possible with the device.
The biggest problem with the unit is it is not power-efficient and bulky. The ionizer comprises nine plates to yield a better ORP. Another helpful feature is the automatic cleaning function to use when the device switches off. With the trait, you save a lot on maintenance costs.
One more benefit is you will only need to change the filter once a year.
- The product is ETL listed, FDA Approved, RoHS Certified and ISO tested
- Has nine plates available with an auto-clean function
- Equipped with an active carbon filter to remove impurities in the water
- Produces 3 to 11.5 alkaline water levels
- The ORP is between -860 to +1000
- The filtration cartridge lasts up to a year or 4000 liters filtered before it needs replacing
- Has seven different levels of settings and color-coded on the LCD
- Five-year Warranty
Intel Gadgets IONtech IT-580 – All Round Performer
With the IONtech IT-580 water ionizer machine, you get a two-year warranty with free shipping and a pH test depending on where you live. The pH value ranges from 4.5 to 11, and the ORP range is -850mv. The device comprises five platinum-titanium electrolysis plates with an ION membrane and active carbon fiber filter.
As it’s one of the best water ionizers on the market, it has a ten-second automatic cleaning function after cycling through the water. Once the appliance reaches 50 liters, it automatically cleans the chamber to provide protection and improve the service life. The apparatus is quick to install and takes up little space with the compact construction.
- The pH value is 4.5 to 11
- The ORP value is -850mv
- Made with five platinum-titanium plates
- Comprise a ceramic ION membrane with activated carbon fiber filter
- Has an automatic ten-second cleansing function
- Equipped with seven different levels of water pH with a soft control button panel
- Two-year Warranty
Bawell Platinum Water Ionizer Machine – Best Budget Pick
Here is another countertop water ionizer from Bawell the Platinum edition. You get a wide selection of installation modes and deliver a high performance to add alkaline to the water and make it clean to use and drink. The apparatus has seven platinum-titanium plates and generates a pH of 2 to 12 with an ORP of +600 to -800.
You get two gallons of water per minute with the 180-watt SMPS power and suitable to use in most homes. Compared to the other cheaper models on the list, this one does not come with a color display, but still shows you the vital information needed.
There are three-color code modes to make things simpler when selecting the five pre-programmed settings.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Provides a pH range of 2 to 12 and an ORP of +600 to -800
- Has a two-stage water filtration system
- The filter cartridge needs changing every 5000 liters
- Attaches to the tap or water line below the sink
- The minimum water pressure required is 20 lbs per square inch
- Best Instant Hot Water Dispensers of 2021 – Reviews
- Alkaline Water Purifiers to Purchase in 2021 – Complete Guide
- Best Water Filter Pitchers on the market – Reviews
The Life Ionizer is a top performer, and you control the pH levels using the seven buttons available. You are kept up to date on how the machine performs at all times with the LCD screen. Furthermore, using the units simple and provides you with the desired water delivered from the tap.
You can place it on the countertop or hide it away under the sink. The pH range is 2 to 11.5, all made possible with the nine platinum-titanium plates. More impressive is the matrix grid technology that automatically aligns the plates. Installing the appliance is a breeze with the instructions, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Made with platinum-titanium grid plates for a higher level of electrons
- The ORP range is -800, and the pH range is 2 to 11.5
- Has a sleek and stylish construction to place on the countertop
- Include all the needed hardware to install
- Lifetime Warranty
- More efficient with the XL Power SMPS
- Comes with a one-click filter and micro-membrane with ultraviolet XL to remove contaminants
For a smarter healthier living style, you can look at the Healthy Wiser water ionizer. The water purifier does it all and has a one-touch screen selection. The electrodes are platinum, titanium coated, and you get nine levels of water. There is a large LCD screen, and it is equipped with dual filters to remove impurities in the water.
For changing the filters, it comes with a sliding door to make things simpler. Being one of the best water ionizers out there, it is voice automated and has an auto-cleaning system. There are nine plates and the hose connections made of stainless steel. There are 400 programmable pH and ORP levels and range from 3 to 11.5.
You can use it on the countertop or under the sink.
- Comprise two filters for purifying water
- Has auto filter indication system
- Made with nine titanium-platinum plates and a stainless steel hose
- Large to read LCD with touch sensors, voice automated, and automatic cleaning system
- Different levels of pH and ORP with a pH range from 3 to 11.50
- Can utilize it under the sink or on the countertop
- Comprise a sliding door to replace the filters
For the best water ionizer, the Tyent is one of the best. You can pick between a nine or eleven platinum-titanium plates with impressive 750-watt power. The under-counter design makes it versatile to use and takes up little space. You can also buy it in a countertop model as well.
Included, you get a unique faucet replacing your standard one, and once set up, the only hardware noticed is the dispenser. The display is fully touch screen and similar to using your Smartphone. The displays color-coded, making it easier for you to use and select the different settings available.
Furthermore, it comes with audio output and a multilingual voice-guided. There are two considerable filters to remove contaminants in the water. Alternatively, it comes with a forever guarantee.
- Made with eleven platinum-titanium plates
- Has a dual filtration system to remove different contaminants
- Comprise an under-counter design
- Comes with a forever warranty
- The materials used to construct the device is BPA-free and Lead-free
- The product is FDA approved and UL listed for safety
- Has a fast flow rate, audio output, voice-guided, touch screen display, and color-coded
Other Water Ionizers
While the water ionizers reviewed are the best available for you to buy, we have selected some other models you may also find interesting to use.
The Invigorated Water is a glass carafe made with a premium filter to provide you with alkaline water that is clean to drink with a fantastic taste. The filtration system gives you pH on the go, provides improved pH levels with negative ORP, and eliminates heavy metals in the water at the same time.
You can use the pitcher at home or in the office with the large capacity and filter through 105 gallons of water before the filtration cartridge needs replacing. Included you get a re-sealable waterproof pouch to take it with you anywhere. Furthermore, the container provides you ample use from drinking clean water to making infused water.
Enjoy great-tasting water at your desk with the Vigorous Water alkaline pitcher. With the carafe, you can upgrade your water and life as it comes with a fine particle filter with an activated carbon filtration system.
This one of the best water ionizers also has an ion exchange resin to prevent limescale buildup and allows your body to absorb more water. The constructions BPA-free and made of ABS materials. You get the water pitcher with a filter and a VIP club card with a satisfaction guarantee.
Here is another water pitcher that uses ionic adsorption microfiltration to purify water for you to drink. The filtration system removes bad taste, odor, chlorine, chemicals, inorganic impurities, and enhances the pH up to 9.5.
The filter adds essential minerals to the water and meets the USA standards. The constructions sleek and have a user-friendly design offering up to an eight-cup use and storage.
- Process of testing water in detail with best water test kits of 2021
- Best Water Distillers of 2021 – Reviews & Guide
- Process of Softening Water Using Best Water Softener of 2021
For those of you on the go, you need the authentic Davidlee Hydrogen-Rich water bottle that works with most drinking water. The bottle has an independent base with a convert joint to use with mineral water bottles.
The construction is lightweight and portable to take anywhere. You can also install the mineral water bottle directly on the host base to make hydrogen-rich water at all times. The container is equipped with an ion-exchange membrane to remove impurities and comes with a one-click electrolysis mode with blue light.
Best Water Ionizers On The Market – Buying Guide
Here are the complete process and buying guide for selecting one of the best water ionizers for you. We’ve also explained the maintenance and usage aspects of ionizers in this guide. So, let’s explore what it has to offer to you?
How to Maintain a Water Ionizer
Now that you have seen the different water ionizers available and decided on a specific model, it is time to learn how to keep it clean and maintained. While the majority of the models have a self-cleaning function, there are times you need to take matters into your own hands and give it a thorough cleaning.
How does the machine work?
When you look at the water ionizer, it seems like a complicated machine to use. The unit connects with the kitchen water supply and helps to regulate the low voltage electrolysis on the water before you use it for cooking or cleaning. The water moves through the device, and once it passes through the process, you get ionized water.
The critical thing to remember is that the equipment does not add anything else to the water, but converts bicarbonate minerals into hydrate materials. By doing this, your body quickly absorbs the minerals in the water. When the water passes through the machine, you get two separate streams of water coming out.
The first one is the acidic one, and the other is the alkaline one. Alkaline has many benefits and is healthy to use for cooking and drinking. What the plates in the ionizer do is separate the magnesium and calcium from the bicarbonates present in the tap water.
What makes it such a complex machine is that one product specs differ from another.
Three Important Factors to Consider While Buying Ionizer
- pH Range – as the apparatus changes the water’s pH level by producing alkaline, aka ionized water, you need to check the specs before buying just any brand. If the pH levels one, then the water is very acidic. While a 14-pH level is very alkaline, a pH level of 7 is neutral. As you will see later on in the reviews, some of these machines provide a significant pH range making it flexible to use. The critical thing to remember is that a model with a low pH level is suitable for cleaning while the alkaline water is suitable for handling and drinking daily.
- The number of plates – the plates is essential and determines how well the unit works. So always, make sure what material is used to comprise these plates. Furthermore, the higher the number of platused, the better the ionizer works. Some of the affordable models come with five plates, while expensive ones can have up to eleven plates.
- The Oxidation-Reduction Potential Range – The ORP shows you what the machine can oxidize and diminish the level of oxidation in your body. The lower the value, the healthier the water is to drink.
- Built-in Water Filter – the majority of these machines come with a water filter, and the best one to choose is the one that provides consistent water pressure.
Other Features of Best Water Ionizers
While the above features are essential, you can consider other traits as well:
- How secure is the installation process? You do not want to stand in the kitchen and to think I should have called a specialist to get the job done. In most cases, the mounting of the machine is simple, especially with countertop models. However, things can change if you get an under-sink model and become trickier.
- Does the product have a warranty? You do not want to end up with a faulty product and not able to return or have it fixed in months to come.
Benefits of Drinking Ionized Water
When using or drinking ionized water, you get an abundance of hydrated minerals providing you with potential antioxidants the body needs. In most cases, the water tastes better than water out of the tap and is beneficial for your skin.
There are so many benefits that you are going to get if you are drinking ionized water rather than drinking normal water. You must know that the ionized water will have more pH scale value than the regular water. So you will not have to worry about anything at all if you are going to drink ionized water.
The only thing that you will have to know about the ionized water will be healthier than the normal water. Your body will have improved health when you are drinking the ionized water regularly.
However, with the benefits of living a healthier lifestyle, many believe the machine does not remove all impurities found in the water. Here you can consider buying a model with an advanced water filter to help.
When do you need to clean your water ionizer?
Here are some signs to help you determine if your machine needs a deep cleaning cycle to keep it maintained for years:
- If you live in areas with hard water, the ionizer eventually builds up with calcium or lime and clogs the pipes, tubes, and plates.
- You find the device does not produce a stable negative ORP ranging between -200 to -800, depending on the model you have. You can determine this by using an ORP meter.
- You notice fewer hydrogen bubbles present as a clean appliance produces alkaline ionized water containing thousands of hydrogen bubbles.
- The water tastes unusual compared to using it the first time.
- There is no water flow, or it starts to slow down and can even happen with a model working with automated cleaning.
- The pH levels begin to drop, and you can test it using a pH test kit.
- The machine shuts off during the process of producing acidic and alkaline water.
What and What not to do with Your Water Ionizer
Safety is an important feature when it comes to using your water ionizer.
What you need to do:
- Make sure to replace the filters as per the instructions and ranges from six to twelve months. Always flush the new filter for up to five minutes before placing it in the unit.
- Do regular cleaning maintenance using a cartridge or recommended filter to remove bacteria and mold build up in parts of the machine?
- Clean and wipe off the exterior of the water ionizer at least once a week with a soft damp cloth.
What not to do:
- Never clean your machine without following the correct protocol, as described in the manual.
- Even if the unit has a self-cleaning system, you must follow through with the manual cleaning process and make sure you do it entirely and not halfway. By doing it, half will not remove the bacteria or mold buildup present in the system.
- Never use household cleaners on the exterior or interior of the appliance as it can result in damage.
Steps in how to deep clean your water ionizer:
- The first step removes the water ionizer filter; if you do have two filtration cartridges, it will be the second one.
- Place the citric acid cleaning cartridge in its place, and they are sometimes refillable.
- Use the clean water setting for up to five minutes, but the mode can have a different name is specific. You need to use a method that provides a neutral pH balance.
- If you have a countertop model place the ends in a container, and continue running, it longs enough so that both the hoses submerged in the water.
- Leave the ionizer for up to three hours without using it. For the countertop, models remove the tubes from the bowl and place them back in the correct positions.
- Now remove the cleaning cartridge and put back the standard one.
- Press the clean water mode for another five minutes to flush the system and remove the cleaning solution.
- Take a pH tester to test the levels and repeat the process if needed.
We hope the universal guidelines help to keep your water ionizer maintained. For the best cleaning results always, follow the manufacturer’s instructions if available. Do you reside in an area with hard water? We recommend you follow the cleaning methods at least twice a year. Furthermore, you can always flush the unit using citric acid and vinegar.
More about Ionizers
So what is ionized water? The simplest term is that the water is transferred through a machine and moves through titanium and platinum plates to exchange ions with the water.
The result is water with a higher alkaline pH level. Furthermore, the unit also purifies the water at the same time. Another term for ionized water is alkaline water, as the device adds the substance artificially.
Another term for it electrolyzed reduced water. The reason for this is that the process diminishes harmful outcomes on the body caused by oxidation.
What is the difference between Alkaline and Regular Water?
The difference lies in the elements, as the water tastes sweeter. The alkaline level differs from regular water and comprises of different minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and more.
According to The Annals of Otology, drinking water with a pH level of 8.8 can help relieve the symptoms of acid reflux. The test they did use bottled and alkaline water resulting in the analysis results above. When you drink water out of the tap, it has a neutral pH level of only seven on a scale from 1 – 14. Therefore, ionized water comes with loads of electrons, making the water alive.
Which Water Ionizer Do You Want?
We hope you found the best water ionizer on the list to use in your home with us. Furthermore, we hope that the buyer’s guide helped you to make an educated choice as well.
While the benefits of using an ionized water machine still need further investigation, you can still enjoy healthier drinking water as the appliance does more than add alkaline back in the water. With one of these machines, you can get water that is clean and free from contaminants at the same time.
We are sure that now you will have all the essential information about water ionizers. In our list of the best water ionizers, you can be able to find the best water ionizer to purchase. So the only thing that you will have to do is go through each and every product that we did mention in our list. Then you should choose the best suitable water ionizer and buy it.
Make sure to comment below which water ionizer you are going to buy from our list. So that we can know if this article was helpful to you or not.